Sunday 8 July 2012

Fathers Day Card

Not been blogging for a wee while but I am continuing my quest to use up all my crafty stash.

Im working my way through my huge stack of Kanban matts so used a 3 for my Fathers day card.


I stamped the background using Kanban stamps and coloured over them all using a Distress ink - walnut stain.  I stamped the main image in the same ink and used the same colour to watercolour it.  I think it gives it a nice vintage feel.  My dad is a talented watercolour painter so I think he appreciated me using the same medium in a crafty way for his card. I matted them on a matching mirri card which is unfortunately showing me photographing the card! I finished the card of with some card candi.

I have been doing a lot of colouring with promarkers and other alcohol pens - plenty of images done but very few cards to show for it! I am determined to dedicate a little time every evening this week after my wee boy has gone to bed to crafting so hopefully I will have more to show for my next blog post!

1 comment:

Emma Goddard said...

great card, coloured beautiful xx