Monday 17 March 2014

Punkyougirl Fairy Tales Gone Bad mid challenge reminder

I have some very exciting news I have joined the Design Team of the Punkyougirl challenge blog!  I am a huge fan of this darkly delicious blog and am honoured to join the team.  I am so excited to work with the talented and lovely ladies on the team and can't wait to explore my dark side!

We are midway through a challenge and the theme is Fairy Tales Gone Bad. Here's my card

My licence ML4776-Esperitecrafting

My digi stamp is from an amazing artist I discovered on Etsy and here is the link to her shop Fantasy Art of Maigan Lynn I couldn't resist ordering a few digis along with this one as I just love her style!

I coloured it with artist colouring pencils all except the black between the trees which I did with a promarker as I couldn't get it as dark as I wanted with a pencil! My dies are sizzix and my backing paper is Prima, ribbons and lace from my stash and black cosmic shimmer dots to finish.

There is something quite sinister in the image that I love, it makes me wonder why are red riding hood and the wolf together? And where is Grandma! To add to the creepiness I added a touch of blood to the wolves lips and the axe in the background.

I can't wait to see all the entries in our Fairy Tales Gone Bad challenge, we are a dark themed challenge so we are looking for projects that follow the theme and have a dark edge e.g. horror gothic etc

Please pop along to the blog herefor all the details.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Lynne, I'm so excited to be working with you over at PYG!
I love your card and I'm really getting the sinister vibe from that image too! The blood is a great touch! Thanks for the link to the shop too.

Sheena
xxx