Monday, 24 February 2014

Through the Purple Haze Coloured with Pencils Challenge

You have a lot to answer for Through the Purple Haze challenges!  I now have a new obsession thanks to this weeks theme, we want to see your creations using colouring pencils.  I must admit I have never tried it before but now I am addicted. We are sponsored by the fabulous Derwent.

There's something so satisfying about pencil colouring, don't get me wrong I love colouring with alcohol markers which blend beautifully, but there's something special about seeing all your own pencil strokes. I think it reminds me of being a wee girl with my dreams if being an "artist" when I grew up lol.

I decided to colour a Simply Betty digi called Abby Portrait I have had for a while but not used yet, here's my card




My backing paper is Prima, my sentiment is papermania,  my ribbon is from my stash and I finished off with some dots of pearly Cosmic Shimmer.





I don't go for half hearted for my first attempt I don't think I could have chosen brighter colours if Id tried.  I really enjoyed colouring her so hopefully I will improve with practice.

I can't wait to get inspired by all your pencil drawn and coloured projects so please take a look at the challenge blog here for all the details.

5 comments:

fiona henderson said...

What a beautiful card....i love the image she is lovely and so well coloured..

fiona
x

Faith Wallace said...

What total inspiration - I have this stamp!!! I have never used it before... I may have to case this card. I'll give you all the credit. Gorgeous coloring. I like seeing touches of red/orange in flowing hair.

Nicola Crowe said...

Gorgeous Lynne I love the colours you used I would never even attempt to use such bold colours but you made them work beautifully :)

Darcy Schroeder said...

Your card is gorgeous, Lynne!! I can't believe that is your first time coloring with pencils!! Love that hair!!!
Hugs
Darcy

Berni Cuttino said...

Beautiful design and amazing coloring. Lovely card! Thanks for visiting and leaving the sweet luv.
Hugs
Berni
berni46blogspot.