Monday 8 April 2013

Mini scrapbook using Visible Image and Distress Markers

I have been experimenting using my beloved Distress Markers directly onto stamps and I am loving the results.



I made this mini scrapbook/photo album for my parents anniversary. The box started life holding cheese! I covered it with some gorgeous Prima patterned paper. I used a Marianne die to cut the main sentiment on the front of the box lid. I used distress markers around the edge and stamped the sentiment from the Time after Time set from Visible Image. I used a double do die to cut the swirly vine and coloured again with distress markers.



The mini book is made from an A4 sheet of plain old photocopy paper folded in half then into a W shape with both ends glued to two circles of card. I stamped more images from my set onto the paper and distressed the edges a wee bit to make it a bit more shabby chic (or maybe just plain shabby!) I stamped onto my circles and mounted another sentiment and cut out stamped image on the front of my book.


I apologise for my blurry photos Im back to using my phone while I wait on my camera getting fixed.


I did all my stamping by colouring directly onto the stamp with the brush end of my distress markers. I love the dreamy watercolour vintage style this produces and its a technique I will definitely be exploring again.

I would like to enter my mini album and box into the following challenges

Visible Image Get Stamping http://visibleimage.blogspot.co.uk
2 Sisters Anything Goes http://2sisterschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/challenge-138-anything-goes.html

No comments: