Wednesday 28 November 2012

Vintage glamour, brown and blue

This weeks card was inspired by the challenge of creating a card using only brown and blue.  I love using a limited colour scheme so the challenge in Emmas cards uk was right up my street.

I am still using my phone for photos sorry its a bit grainy.  

The main image is a wonderful clarity stamp stamped with brown pigment ink I love the look of this it reminds of the wonderful photos I have that belonged to my grandmother.
  I have cut my layers using spellbinders and distressed all the edges with distress inks. The papers are from my stash but I think they may be Papermania.

The flourish die cut is actually a floral christmas tree die from memory box.  I am in love with this die!  So many possibilities with it.  Here I have cut it out of shimmery brown paper ans snipped it in half to decorate the corners.  I added glittery gems just to finish off.

I started my blog to try to stop me buying anymore stash, some distress markers, countless dies and stamps later I can tell that my quest has failed, I am an addict!  As long as I keep trying to make a project every couple of weeks I wont beat myself up too much about my habit!

I am entering my card in the fab challenge at Emmas cards uk http://www.emmascardsuk.com/p/emmas-crafty-challenge.html


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning Esperite, love it, thank you for sharing with us at Emma's Crafty Challenge this month, good luck hun xxxx

Sylvia Anderson said...

Beautiful card Sweetie, great layour & lovely image.
Thank you for joining us at Emma's crafty challenge x