Wednesday, 28 November 2012

Vintage glamour, brown and blue

This weeks card was inspired by the challenge of creating a card using only brown and blue.  I love using a limited colour scheme so the challenge in Emmas cards uk was right up my street.

I am still using my phone for photos sorry its a bit grainy.  

The main image is a wonderful clarity stamp stamped with brown pigment ink I love the look of this it reminds of the wonderful photos I have that belonged to my grandmother.
  I have cut my layers using spellbinders and distressed all the edges with distress inks. The papers are from my stash but I think they may be Papermania.

The flourish die cut is actually a floral christmas tree die from memory box.  I am in love with this die!  So many possibilities with it.  Here I have cut it out of shimmery brown paper ans snipped it in half to decorate the corners.  I added glittery gems just to finish off.

I started my blog to try to stop me buying anymore stash, some distress markers, countless dies and stamps later I can tell that my quest has failed, I am an addict!  As long as I keep trying to make a project every couple of weeks I wont beat myself up too much about my habit!

I am entering my card in the fab challenge at Emmas cards uk http://www.emmascardsuk.com/p/emmas-crafty-challenge.html


2 comments:

Avril Ann said...

Stunning Esperite, love it, thank you for sharing with us at Emma's Crafty Challenge this month, good luck hun xxxx

Sylvia Anderson said...

Beautiful card Sweetie, great layour & lovely image.
Thank you for joining us at Emma's crafty challenge x