Thursday 18 October 2012

Little cutey halloween easel card

Some of the challenge blogs Ive been nosing at have halloween as a theme this month.  Its not something I have ever made a card for before so it is certainly a challenge!

I rummaged through my stash and discovered an adorable Belles and Whistles stamp I bought on ebay years ago about for about a pound!

Here is my first card with her -
Ive coloured her with my marvy le plume markers and matted her on some starry paper I found in my stash (I think its DCWV but dont quote me on it)  I made an easel card using 3 of my trusty Kanban mats (is there anything they cant do!)
I must confess I have never made an easel card before but Im delighted with the way it looks and its a fab way to display an image you like.
The sentiment was a free digistamp from the wonderful website birds cards - http://www.birdscards.com/  what a great site with a lot of very useful digistamps
I finished off with some peel off stars to symbolise the night of halloween.

I am going to enter this in the Not just Halloween comp on My Crafty Creations http://craftcreatoins.blogspot.co.uk/p/not-just-halloween.html?spref=fb

I really enjoyed making her and my first effort at an easel card.  Im hoping to squeeze out a few more Halloween cards before the big day - wish me luck!

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Fantastic card, thanks for sharing and entering the challlenge. Good luck x