Saturday 2 June 2012

Sewing theme

Although I have not been blogging I have been sticking to my crafty promise - no more buying and trying to make at least one thing a week.

I subscribe to Papercraft Inspirations and used the free papers inside to make 2 cards.

If I'm honest this is my least favourite of the cards - there's too much going on.  I glued the dressmakers dummy onto card along with the sentiment.  I used an Anna Griffin card to mount the backing paper on then added the tape and card candy.  I used 3d foam to mount the dummy and sentiment onto the card.

This card is more my style.  I again mounted the picture which came free with the magazine on card.  I used a My Craft Studio card wrap and card candy (my favourite!) along with the tape and 3d foam for the image for a bit of dimension.  I just used a plain cream card I got in the works.

I'm quite happy with this card although its lacking a sentiment but its something I always struggle with.

I was horrified to discover a bag full of stamps I bought just before I had my baby boy that I had completely forgotten I had so my next challenge for myself is stamping - if I could only find my memento inkpad!

No comments: