Saturday 20 April 2013

Fairytale Engagement Card

A quick post today to show an engagement card I made for my friends.




I wanted the feel of a dark fairytale, like the Grimm fairy tales I loved reading as a child. They were wonderful yet terrifying and love in them was always so powerful and overcame all odds.

I used watercolour paper for the whole card and all the stamps are Visible Image. The background sky was painted using diluted aquamarkers like watercolours, I would have liked it a bit darker more like a night sky but I diluted too much. I stamped a wild forrest like the one the prince cuts through to get to sleeping beauty using winter tree. The birds are from the Free your Imagination set.
My heart is a Kanban mat stamped with Hearts entwined stamp, I used the swirls on the stamp to make a border round the heart and coloured it with distress markers.
I coloured the two figures of Isabella and Edward using distress markers and mounted using 3d foam. Some gems to finish off and my card is complete.

The words of the Hearts entwined stamp immediately appealed to me for this card and Im pleased to say my friends liked my card!

I would like to enter my card in the following competitions

Visible Image Get stamping http://visibleimage.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/get-stamping-with-visible-image-april.html
Crafty creations no patterned paper http://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this card sooo much Lynn and it proved very popular n our Facebook page at visible Image, its gorgeous and you definitely achieved your target :D Good luck in the challenge, Suze X